Monetizing your blog ensures that your site is rewarded for your hard work. Your blog may not make you rich or provide a full-time living, but it can offer extra income that can certainly help your budget.
In our last post we looked at the Best Ad Services for Your Blog. In this post, we turn our attention to affiliate networks. Such networks make it easy for you to post ads for key merchants, making money off of sales or leads generated from visitors to your site. The great thing about affiliate networks is that they handle the paperwork and payments due to you, taking a cut in what you make. Such networks are worth it especially if you prefer to concentrate on other matters such as stellar blogging.
1. LinkShare — Officially known as Rakuten Linkshare, this affiliate network is the largest of them all with more than 10 million affiliate members. With LinkShare, you have a huge number of advertisers to work with and you get one consolidated payout each month. An ultra-low payment threshold of $1 makes monthly payments commonplace, with direct deposits to your checking account available. To learn more about LinkShare check out its publisher solutions page.
2. Commission Junction — Best known as CJ, Commission Junction works with advertisers, publishers, agencies and developers to offer top-notch merchant affiliate opportunities. Aggregate monthly payouts ensure that your account is credited in full, with a nifty display panel available to help you track your income. Payments are made by check or direct deposit; read what it takes to become part of this leading affiliate network.
3. ShareASale — With more than 3,000 merchant offerings, affiliates have a lot to choose from as they assemble advertisers for their blogs. This site tracks customer interactions with cookies, to ensure that you are credited for every sale or lead generated. ShareASale makes payment by check or direct deposit on the 20th day of every month. Payout minimums are $50. If you refer someone, you get a $1 for each signup and commissions based on 5 percent of their future earnings. You can sign up quickly today.
4. ClickBank — Offering one of the highest commissions among affiliate networks, ClickBank makes it possible for affiliates to choose from more than 10,000 products for their sites. Commissions of up to 75 percent is what attracts bloggers to this site, with combined earnings making for one payout each month. You can use your referral link on your blog as well as on your forum and email newsletter. Weekly payments and direct deposit are available. Learn more by visiting this page.
5. Google Affiliate Network — Google came in late to the affiliate game, but like everything else this giant does, it leaves behind a huge impression. If you already have an AdSense account, Google’s network connects seamlessly with that. This feature alone gives affiliates the confidence that they’re working with a robust program, one that delivers stellar results each month. Monthly payouts are made by the end of the month. Find out more about the Google Affiliate Network here.
6. RevenueWire — Online access to your account information makes working with an affiliate network a pleasure. RevenueWire has the digital interaction down pat and offers real-time sales tracking that many networks do not have. Commissions of up to 75 percent, one-on-one affiliate support, available weekly payments for their best performing affiliates and incentive contests are among the stand out features of this network. Find out more about signing up here.
7. Pepperjam — Pepperjam likes to call its affiliates a virtual sales force for advertisers. Under this arrangement, you actively promote products online and make money from qualified events. You can test and manipulate marketing messages on your site, to allow for higher conversions. You can even make money promoting Pepperjam on your own site, earning money for posts that you publish. Twice monthly payments are made to your Paypal account. Learn how to get started right away.
The affiliate networks featured here are among the Top 20 Affiliate Networks as recognized by the Online Advertising Blue Book. What this means is that there are another 13 popular networks for you to explore, offering additional ways for you to make more money with your blog. Always read the fine print before agreeing to the terms of service. Be aware that advertisers routinely change their marketing schemes seasonally, therefore you should be ready to make changes on your own end to keep your ads fresh.